Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thanks for the Prayers!

We learned after breakfast this morning WHY Joshua GuanYan (yes - I think we need to adjust his name as he ALWAYS refers to himself as Guan Yan, and never as just Yan) felt cranky and had a bad night's sleep, and then didn't eat much breakfast. He was breaking out with hives on his leg and abdomen!! :-O

PTL another family suggested maybe it was a reaction to the cute Chinese costume he had been wearing for a few hours the night before for a Holt photo shoot? Maybe? Or the Chinese jeans he had been wearing before and after the photo shoot? Or?? I say PTL because I found out the only pediatrician Holt trusted a child to see was some 30 minutes away in downtown Guangzhou. Phil and I quickly searched the internet to see what we could rule in and out on our own first.

Also PTL I had boughten some skin rash medicine with Tea Tree Oil in it (in case of lice - a non-poison first try). We bathed him, spread the Oil on, gave him a dose of allergy med... and within the hour he was looking and feeling lots better :-). The hives haven't come back yet tonight, and he's back to his active, happy self :-). Whew!

We're all SO ready to come home! Two more sleeps in China and hopefully we can take that train to Hong Kong and head home!

Thanks for the prayers. I put a few new pictures on shutterfly. The bulk are on a different camera that needs charging first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.