Today was our Oath Taking Ceremony at the US Consulate in downtown Guangzhou. All of our US Visa paperwork is in, and we've duly sworn to something (the swear-in was done in front of some 50 adoptive families at once and Joshua had HAD it and was screaming through about half of it). So hopefully Joshua's US Visa will be issued tomorrow! We'll be picking it up around 3pm and heading another 2 blocks or so down the street to the train station. We're scheduled to take the 6:15pm train to Hong Kong.
We learned today that once we land in Seattle and take Joshua through customs, he will become a US Citizen right then and there!!!!
His behavior has really gone downhill the last 2 days also. I suspect he's wondering why we keep taking bus and boat trips and STILL come back to the hotel in China? :-} His 4 yr old mind can't grasp the "wait" part. Maybe he'll improve when he finally DOES get to leave China? We pray so! Have I told you all this child is LOUD?? ;-D
And the bathroom issues! ;-D I think I FINALLY get his phrase for "I have to go to the bathroom NOW, right this second!!". LOL - we've had some... ahem.. interesting experiences not being able to understand his Chinese when he has to go in public! And he is not at all above using perfect strangers to tell us he needs to go now! ;-} Poor boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.