Saturday, November 28, 2009

Planning, Packing and Chaos

We have our intinerary almost finalized, the plane tickets have been purchased, endless lists have been made by me, Cindy, and promptly hide themselves hours later, our main computer is blacking out and threatening to die forever, and chaos seems to have the upperhand these days :-}. And boy does the house reflect that - piles of paper absolutely everywhere! Today I have NO idea how we can possibly be ready to fly to China on 12/2!!

Our biggest prayer needs right now are that God will please watch over allll travelers. Robert's caregivers as they travel this weekend. Our daughter's caregivers (whoever the backup one will be - we don't even know yet!!) as the one travels back to Montana this weekend. And Phil as he drives through an expected snowstorm to take Robert to his aunt and uncle's house just before we fly out 12/2. And of course, prayers for safety over all while we're gone. So many needs!

But, as Phil suggested, we have a motto for this trip. "It's not about me". It's about a 4 yr old in China who may need a loving, adoptive family, but who will be facing HUGE losses and changes in his small life. I would guess he's never been out of city life, to a place with seasons, let alone snow! I would guess he's never been on a train or plane. And I have to wonder if he's even been told yet that he's to be adopted by Americans?

We plan to arrive in China near midnight 12/3. On 12/7 we will meet our new son for the first time. And on 12/8, he will officially become a forever child of ours in this country and China if the judge approves. Wow.

The rest of our time in China will be dealing with ever MORE paperwork, medicals, application for a Chinese passport, application for a US visa, etc. Hopefully God grants Phil and I the time and personal energy to devote to reasssuring this little one also.

I GREATLY look forward to the day when Phil and I and all FOUR of our children are safely home, together, relaxed :-). Piles of paper and lost lists, or not!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing more of the journey Cindy! I hope you will have access to a computer and internet while there. And let's not forget pictures!! What I'm most looking forward to is meeting Yan one day soon. God's blessings to all of you.

    Debby W

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.