Friday, February 27, 2009

Slowww Progress, but Progress!

Our Homestudy is done!! :-) But until it's notarized, and our international adoption agency's written approval catches up with it, and we get all that in hand, it's not yet ready to go. :-} We're anxiously waiting to get the I-800A (immigration permission to adopt from China) Fed Ex'd out.

BUT we also first need police clearance printed again (last done in December). Don't ask why - just one more picky hoop to hop through! I was at our police station day before (talked to the wrong person), yesterday (we needed out SS cards also), and today! Now the forms are in progress, but it could be days before we get the notarized paperwork we need? Then I'll be back once again to pick it all up.

So... combine the above 2 groups of paperwork with the I-800A and an $830 check, and we're moving forward again :-).

In another two-steps-forward-one-step-back move, I just Express mailed my incorrect passport back for the second time :-}. Hopefully it arrives ASAP and all correct this third time?

There's quite a few parents traveling to Dongguan this month and next to meet their new children. :-) Wish we were going this soon also!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.